100% Decarb With The NOVA

Krazy

Cooking party again!

I'v been running my Nova all afternoon; it's a trooper. In 1 hour I will have enough of a reserve decarbed to start using my oil machine. I went ahead and ordered a gallon each of vegetable glycerine and extractohol for Christmas. Fun times!

Krazy

I am messed up beyond belief, lol

It just decided to jupm up the temp on this batch. Entire thing looks like AVB. I started feeling weirder and weirder and then smelled that not quite combusting smeell of a higher temp vape session. 15g in it, no idea how much just vaped. I have the window sand fans going so that I don't bake the pets and the parents.

I have not been this messed up in a veryv eryv ervery very long tiome.

Krazy

I thought I was having some kind of psychotic break PTSD thing at first! "WTF?!?!? i better call the VA crises line and schedule a psych eval ASAP!!"

Then when I smelled the almost combusting vape smell I was relieved, lol.

Tooler

Anyone get a tracking # yet....?

I'm starting to wonder if these will be here before Christmas....:(

Tooler,

JRyan

This is the first time I've been signed into FC, in years. Thought I'd chime in as I'm one of the sad saps who decided to throw money at this startup.

I've been attempting to contact Ardent for over forty-five days now. A half dozen voicemails, emails to Omari and Shanel, Facebook, Instagram, and lastly Twitter.

I would not be the least bit surprised if I didn't end up having to file a charge-back. Worse yet, filing a claim of fraud. It unfortunately appears as though the company is run by a group of amateurs whom are too high on their own supply.

Anyone looking to purchase products from or invest in Ardent should steer clear until they've provided a public statement.

Tooler

This is the first time I've been signed into FC, in years. Thought I'd chime in as I'm one of the sad saps who decided to throw money at this startup.

I've been attempting to contact Ardent for over forty-five days now. A half dozen voicemails, emails to Omari and Shanel, Facebook, Instagram, and lastly Twitter.

I would not be the least bit surprised if I didn't end up having to file a charge-back. Worse yet, filing a claim of fraud. It unfortunately appears as though the company is run by a group of amateurs whom are too high on their own supply.

Anyone looking to purchase products from or invest in Ardent should steer clear until they've provided a public statement.

Care to elaborate....?

Tooler,

JRyan

Care to elaborate....?

I'm simply questioning their legitimacy as a company. Which I believe is warranted due to their complete lack of communication. Add to the fact they 'suddenly' lost their Indiegogo campaign. Indiegogo is very 'liberal' compared to Kickstarter. They had to have caused some serious concern to have the campaign permanently suspended.

If they have time to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. They have time to follow up with their customers.

So, until Ardent releases a public statement on their current situation. It's my recommendation to steer clear.

Just my 2cents

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I agree with @JRyan 100%. I tried voicemail,email, and social media with no response. I just needed a simple question answered!

Yep same here, still waiting for a response from multiple communications attempts.

Luckily I haven't put any dosh down, I'm losing the enthusiasm I had for this product.

GreenHopper,

PoopMachine

Got an email that all units have been shipped. Tracking numbers should follow tonight... maybe.

PoopMachine,

JRyan

Got an email that all units have been shipped. Tracking numbers should follow tonight... maybe.

Which email address are these responses coming from?

*Random Thoughts*

Even if the units have shipped. The complete lack of communication is a serious issue that has to be corrected.

Can you imagine waiting forty-five days or more just to receive a response for technical support? Especially as a 'medical' patient. After all this product is being directly marketed toward the medical community.

JRyan,

JRyan

These updates are almost comical. It amazes me how only a select few have had any success getting a response.

Something just doesn't add up.

JRyan,

PoopMachine

These updates are almost comical. It amazes me how only a select few have had any success getting a response.

Something just doesn't add up.

I dunno. I got a mass email that they were starting to ship units and then I got a tracking email the next day. My unit is less than 2 hours from my house right now and should be here tomorrow.

From start to finish its still about 2.5 months quicker than the SIC dish from CCA710 Im still waiting on.

PoopMachine,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I received mine yesterday - one day shipping - and I think it's amazing and highly recommend it.
A brief recap of my first experience with it: I added about a teaspoon of ground bud, a combo of "strawberry cough" and "platinum bubba" for a firecracker. There was no smell. That itself is fantastic. No longer is there the need to open all windows, run the air purifier and line a towel along the bottom of my apartment door just to protect the sensibilities of the ignorant. The Nova did its thing and the result somehow looked a little different than the decarbed product out of my toaster oven. From there it was firecracker making time. Two cinnamon graham crackers from Trader Joe's (Lwein insists upon these particular crackers and I agree) and healthy gobs of some organic creamy peanut butter. Then after sprinkling the bud on both crackers a toothpick to bury the particles in a swirling kind of fashion. Then the rest - joining the crackers and folding in aluminum foil and then into the preheated convection oven at about 310 for 23 minutes (using oven thermometer for accuracy - also highly recommended).

This was possibly the best firecracker high I've ever experienced. I'm really glad that I bought this. I didn't notice any issues with the positioning of the electrical cord so I guess that aspect was dealt with this upgraded version based on what I've read.

The instructions state that it's not recommended to go beyond a half ounce so when it comes time to use this as a precursor to the magical butter machine it will probably require two separate runs for the one ounce minimum for the butter machine.

Prior to the Nova my decarbing was all trial and error and this is just so much better.

And I really appreciate the one day delivery. So thank you.

Last edited:

JRyan

I finally received a response. Looks like they'll be sending out a second round of units near the end of December, arriving at the beginning of January.

I'll update this thread as I continue to be updated.

JRyan,
Reactions: jeffp

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
Did anyone else get the Lift instead of a Nova? I'm going to assume their exactly the same..

meduser#420,

Krazy

Keep in mind that my NOVA just recently vaped a 1/2 oz on me. I do NOT think they are a scam or fly by night.

They are a recent start up and so have periods where they are stretched and then some. The units currently being shipped are not quite prototypes. But they are V1 and only a few tweaks from being betas. AND they are based in Massachusetts which has just legalized. I had a run of communications with them where they got back to me VERY fast. I expect that th elast month they have simply been overwhelmed.

I currently have enough meds prepped (Nova and then MBM) to last me over a 1/2 year. I did easily 40 full runs through mine before it wigged out. And it consistently gave me WTF?!? strength meds.

Given my reserve I will hold off on buying another until they release a V2. But I will be getting another. i could see them, in the future, going 2 sizes. 1 smaller and 1 larger than the current model.

PoopMachine

Keep in mind that my NOVA just recently vaped a 1/2 oz on me. I do NOT think they are a scam or fly by night.

They are a recent start up and so have periods where they are stretched and then some. The units currently being shipped are not quite prototypes. But they are V1 and only a few tweaks from being betas. AND they are based in Massachusetts which has just legalized. I had a run of communications with them where they got back to me VERY fast. I expect that th elast month they have simply been overwhelmed.

I currently have enough meds prepped (Nova and then MBM) to last me over a 1/2 year. I did easily 40 full runs through mine before it wigged out. And it consistently gave me WTF?!? strength meds.

Given my reserve I will hold off on buying another until they release a V2. But I will be getting another. i could see them, in the future, going 2 sizes. 1 smaller and 1 larger than the current model.

There are V2s according to the emails we were sent but I don't know how much stuff they changed.

Krazy

Also something to keep in mind on the startup end of things:

While is is a quality product it is NOT Kryptonian Super Science. You know that as soon as they have all the bugs ironed out someone will attempt to knockoff and undercut them. So from a business POV it isn't just about making---> shipping a working product. Branding, positioning, timing, etc.; current tech level means that once they decided on a concept actually making the thing is the easiest part of it business wise.

Krazy,

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
Okay so I tossed in about 14g(I filled it to the lower lip) of dense small buds. It took almost 2hrs, but I didn't pay exact attention.

This time paying attention I took 2 buds at 1.78 grams and it took 1hr 35min. Afterwards it dropped in weight .2g to 1.58.. I ripped on some of the first stuff to see if it supposedly made it stronger. I really do think it makes my herb "headier" is that the word?

I have it sitting on the table next to me and NO SMELL at all.

JRyan

The wheels over at Ardent appear to moving.

I will continue to update everyone as I receive updates.

Ardent (Automated Email) said:
Assembly is almost complete and your unit is scheduled to ship on December 30th. We will send a tracking number and email when it does.

Did anyone else get the Lift instead of a Nova? I'm going to assume their exactly the same..

I'll have photos and a corresponding review in the next 7-10 days.

Since you've maintained that you've held a consistent line of communication. Have you taken the opportunity to discuss this with Ardent? If so, what was their response?

Last edited:
Top Bottom