10 things to know about nation's first recreational marijuana shops in Colorado

Adobewan

Something to consider...
Too significant a percentage of the population still believe the Reefer Madness stigma. With legalization and access, come open use and study. As the truth about cannabis is revealed to the US population, the layers of propaganda will fall exponentially. It will be the science of cannabis that will go viral, finally divorcing this God given gift from it's bastard brother and sister, alcohol and tobacco, and granting us back at least one liberty(and the pursuit of happiness.)
And then imagine the global dominoes falling. Makes you believe the truth may well set us free!

Keep the faith FC, and Happy New year!
It should be a great one for the vape industry at least:)!

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I do not believe there is a such thing. The only difference between medical and recreational as far as I know is taxes, the amount you can purchase, and the number of shops. Of course, I may be wrong.

aesthyrian,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Vorrange,

...the never ending you-got-to-protect-the-kids. ...this concern does not carry over to tobacco and alcohol.

Indeed. Tobacco, alcohol, lotery games, fire arms...

All of those things can cause harm instantly while a cannabis plant needs to be cut and cured before it gains real value for a consumer, go figure!

:peace:

Last edited:

Adobewan

Egzoset said:
... Tobacco, alcohol, lotery games, fire arms...
All of those things can cause harm instantly while a cannabis plant needs to be cut and cured before it gains real value for a consumer, go figure!
To further Egzoset's comment, all of those things "have" and "do" cause harm while cannabis "hasn't" and "doesn't".

budbudbud

So it begins! I might have to take a ride out to Colorado for my 21st :party:. But apparently I would only be able to purchase a quarter? Pretty interesting. I wonder if they have limits set on medibles, and concentrates as well.

budbudbud,
Reactions: Snappo

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
In theory you could go to every retail shop that is open and buy an eighth at each one. The problem is when you get caught carrying more than an ounce on you at a time.

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Yes, but as long as you don't let your hate discourage further progress. Just makes me think back to Cali 2012 prop. 19. Oh well, maybe 2016, but then again, maybe never. You need to start the race to finish it, and more importantly to win.

I just feel like we can wait at least one day, maybe, before we take for granted what we have just been awarded for our vigilance thus far. I don't think it's the ideal situation either, but it's definitely better than any circumstances I have ever lived under so far. That's probably true for a lot of us here.

Colorado is also growing industrial hemp, which is amazing. That's also thanks to Amendment 64. America is the largest consumers of hemp products, yet we produce none, like usual. It really is a monumental bill, and I just hope people don't jump on some sort of nay sayer band wagon that serves no constructive purpose. It's easy to complain, but a lot harder to compromise and actually get a bill passed and gain momentum.

I honestly don't feel like everyone who would critique this law would be the activist that they need to be in order to accomplish the passing of the laws that they wish for, which is the only other alternative to passing a bill like Amednment 64.

You sure say 'we' a lot while discussing what has been accomplished in CO. I have travelled for so many meetings/hearings/etc back and forth across my state, dealt w/ dickhead sherrifs in the southern part of the state trying to regulate mmj through 'agricultural zoning' language and scare tactics, backed/supported/petitioned for OCTA, worked w/ norml on a state and nationwide level, been part of educating and help start up many medical grows in my state, worked in patient advocacy.......so when you constantly refer to this 'we' while disparaging another's opinion it comes off flat to those of us who actually have done work in this area.

I am not fool enough to think that many would get their lazy asses off the couch long enough to do more than talk an issue to death, but have seen firsthand what damage inattention, blind faith and placing trust in untrustworthy orgs can cause.

I completely agree that we should celebrate the pros of the new changes, and there are many. My initial point was the ridiculous pricepoint which so many feel ok w/ just to use a plant.

Many are heralding how healthy meds will be in gov control. Have they never heard of gmo's, insane labeling practices, FDA profiteers', overuse of pesticides (especially nicotine based), fluoridation of our water supplies, and the million other issues small farmers face every day in this country?

There is talk about how much the taxes will help the state. Maybe to a point, but maybe you should look out your window. Taxes to support infrastructure are collected 100 times over everyday from lotto, beer, cig, gas, etc taxes and it doesn't seem to be getting any better out there to me. Throwing more money at institutions that have already squandered every penny given and expecting different results is irrational. Maybe at a state level Co can prove different.

lwien

CNN has been covering this like crazy. Next week on Anderson Cooper, he's going to be doing special segments every evening on the bud business in Colorado.

Last edited:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Vicki,

She looks like a mean, dumb bitch.

I agree as that's quite the appropriate intuition to have i guess:

« She's come with great ideas such as eliminating the courts to speed up convictions, posting court summons to suspects in violet envelopes to shame them in their community... »

Reading this i couldn't but think Sweden isn't the only country where politicians will attempt to gain votes through anti-cannabic bigotry; Harper's late C-10 mamoth-bill (e.g. including mandatory minimum sentences for minor marijuana crimes) and/or the Health Canada "Marijuana Medical Access Program" (privacy breach) envelopes, for example! In any case she still wants to "Crush Dope!" just like thirty-some years ago...

Maybe it's time for her to resign indeed.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Bitch-Please_12.jpg

I say lock her up without a trial!

grokit

well-worn member
I love it! From the wall st. journal:

Card Conundrum Develops in Colorado Over Marijuana Sales
Customers Use Visa and MasterCard to Make Purchases Despite Card Company Ban
By Robin Sidel
Updated Jan. 6, 2014 8:48 p.m. ET

Buying marijuana for recreational use now is legal in Colorado—and paying for it with plastic is getting easier.

The official rules of Visa Inc. and MasterCard Inc. prohibit the use of their debit and credit cards for marijuana purchases, but some Colorado merchants are allowing customers to use them anyway.

That is because the card giants, owners of the processing networks that handle electronic payments, have quietly decided not to enforce their rules, according to people familiar with their strategies.

Instead, the people said, the companies are following the lead of the federal government, which has said it won't challenge state laws that decriminalize the drug.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304887104579304970273466300

referred from:
http://theweek.com/article/index/254766/nothing-says-mainstream-like-paying-for-pot-with-plastic

Gunky

The problem is the merchant accounts provide a very nice paper trail if the feds decide to reverse, like the state did in Montana. But at some point we have to breach the wall that prevents canna-biz from having bank accounts and the like.

Gunky,

Egzoset

Banned

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
My state will be selling cannabis in stores this summer. I don't know if I feel comfortable going into a store and buying herb. Maybe eventually I will feel OK about it. It's so surreal. I guess a person won't know until they do it. So many years of having to be in secret is ingrained in me.

Also the feeling of doing something, if you got caught you would go to jail, maybe not jail over the past 5 years or so, since laws weren't as stiff here in WA, but not so in other states, so risking possibly your reputation in the community and with your families. For some people you could be fired from your jobs. Hopefully other states will soon be voting on this important life changing issue.

The Feds attitudes could change with a different President. It doesn't seem like this administration is worried about cannabis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom