“Healthiest” portable concentrate vape option(s)

nonstickrobot

Hi everyone, new here. I know there’s a lot of misinformation around right now with the craziness of the CDC vape investigation. While I believe my setup is healthy, I wanted to see if anyone has advice for a dab pen or portable vape that is of the highest quality. I’m open to a small desktop vape, too. Budget is not really a constraint.

I was using primarily raw garden cartridges, but I also started moving to their live sauce. I got a Prism Plus, but I read after that the quartz coils aren’t of the highest quality titanium. It came with a Ceramic atomizer too, but the performance leaves a bit to be desired.

So At this point, I trust raw garden’s sauce is high quality and safe. I even contacted them to get assurance. But the vape is the other variable I’d like to confidently control knowing it won’t harm me, or at least, minimal to negligible effects. Thanks!

Chris

(I also have an older firefly 2)

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
(I also have an older firefly 2)

Funny. The FF2 is considered old now. I still have my FF1. It was always a PITA to keep clean.

Anyway,
There are a number of portable vapes that have high marks for glass pathways and inert materials. I guess some factors to consider are the need for stealthiness? battery or torch? cartridges or load as you go?

Carts are up in the air with what they are made up of. If you can assure that your carts are pure distillate and no "proprietary" carriers, then the ccell cartridges have a good reputation for ceramic wicks.

I like my Healthyrips Fury 2. I use the glass attachments and mix my concentrates with a little organic cotton.

There are also the Sai TAF and Divine Tribe V4 which you can get quartz or titanium cups which are the only thing contacting your concentrates. You would need a mod like the pico 75w.

Some folks like the vapcaps with the new concentrate coil made of titanium. You would use a torch or an induction heater.

These are just some ideas.

Last edited:

nonstickrobot

Funny. The FF2 is considered old now. I still have my FF1. It was always a PIA to keep clean.

Anyway,
There are a number of portable vapes that have high marks for glass pathways and inert materials. I guess some factors to consider are the need for stealthiness? battery or torch? cartridges or load as you go?

Carts are up in the air with what they are made up of. If you can assure that your carts are pure distillate and no "proprietary" carriers, then the ccell cartridges have a good reputation for ceramic wicks.

I like my Healthyrips Fury 2. I use the glass attachments and mix my concentrates with a little organic cotton.

There are also the Sai TAF and Divine Tribe V4 which you can get quartz or titanium cups that are the only thing contacting your concentrates. You would need a mod like the pico 75w.

Some folks like the vapcaps with the new concentrate coil made of titanium. You would use a torch or an induction heater.

These are just some ideas.

Thanks for all the info. I don’t really care about discretion. 99% of the time, I’m at home at night, and it’s a max of 3-4 decent hits total.

Raw Garden carts are whole plant refined resin/sauce. They post their lab results on every batch. I have no idea what the wick is made of. Is the wick on the cartridge or the battery? I’ve been using the cheap 510 thread batteries that are sold at most CA dispensaries, so maybe I’m overthinking this? I figured a dab setup might be healthier in the long run, but who knows.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks for all the info. I don’t really care about discretion. 99% of the time, I’m at home at night, and it’s a max of 3-4 decent hits total.

Raw Garden carts are whole plant refined resin/sauce. They post their lab results on every batch. I have no idea what the wick is made of. Is the wick on the cartridge or the battery? I’ve been using the cheap 510 thread batteries that are sold at most CA dispensaries, so maybe I’m overthinking this? I figured a dab setup might be healthier in the long run, but who knows.

The wick is in the cartridge. The concentrate is absorbed into the wick and then it is heated for vaping. Ceramic wicks are, I beleive, the latest technology and use inert material to absorb and heat your concentrate. I only have a basic understanding of how cartridges function. There is nothing wrong with a basic 510 thread pen battery. Nothing in the battery contacts your material or airpath. I like the ccell palm, it's powerful and so damn small. There are others that have more control over the amount of wattage you use.

Re-reading your original post, I see you are also considering a desktop. A good idea if most of your vaping is at home. Although a portable is nice when your relaxing on the couch. You can't compare portables to desktops. They are apples and oranges. I use both and both have their purpose.

There are many good desktops. My all time favorite vaporizer for the past 5 years running is the e-nano by epicvape. It is the "homebase" vape. It is used a lot as a flower herb vape, but many like me use it for concentrates too. I am not a fan for e-nails and dabbing because it is too much and too quick for me. I can easily get the heebie jeebies from a big ol dab hit. The nano allows you to space out your hits and take smaller amounts. No, I don't work for them. ;)
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/e-nano-from-epicvape.7844/page-916

If it's a dab rig your looking for. Consider a quartz banger and an enail setup. The guy at 710 coils is very reputable here.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/710-coils.29284/page-76#post-1403222

Brewervapesalot

I wouldnt so much worry about the vape; rather, what you're vaping, as you allude to and seem to be knowledgeable about.

If anyone isn't sure what he's taking about:

The media is pure hype, misleading, and blatantly not telling the actual story or risks. The CDC is worse.

1. All of the cases of people getting sick were cases that it was very likely to definite that the user was using questionable and/or off the street marijuana extracts;

2. Of the questionable and/or off the street marijuana extracts, a small subset was the correlating problem;

3. This small subset used Vitamin E acetate to change the viscosity of the concetrate and/or dilute the extract;

4. Vitamin E acetate is harmless when eaten. But when vaporized it enters the lungs and creates an oily film on your lungs that literally blocks/interferes with the absorption of oxygen. It's so dangerous that the emergency room can be necessary.

5. The CDC is always looking for something to do because the agency is bloated, bureaucratic, overstaffed, and largely unneeded, unimportant, political, and/or doing far more harm than good.

6. For example, its entire stance on vaping is ridiculous. Great Britain and other countries correctly embrace vaping as far more healthy than smoking and encourage it. But the CDC has taken the disastrous prohibition angle. The CDC views vaping at all as dangerous and something to regulate into nonexistence. They think adults don't like fruity flavors, only kids, and ignore the certain, citable, fact that bold flavors help smokers stick with vaping and not go back to smoking.

7. To bring this full circle, the CDC is purposely being misleading regarding the alleged health crisis in the news about vaping right now, as explained in #'s 1-3,6. Its contempable.

Get a nice vape, buy or make good concentrate. Ignore the CDC.

So, just use reputable concentrate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom