1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

¿Dry herb or rosin?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by atragantrao, Mar 11, 2020.

1. atragantrao

atragantrao Member

Hi all! Which is best for relaxing and not coughing when vaporizing? Dry herb or rosin? I've tried both and I think Rosin is best not to caugh all time, what do you think? :cool::cool:

2. jardri

jardri Vapor Dreams

Rosin is smoother with the right temperature but flower can be almost as smooth with the correct setup (a flowerpot and water filtration for example) and it gives a full spectrum. For me the effects of flower are greater than the effects of rosin.

VaporWare and atragantrao like this.
  3. atragantrao

atragantrao Member

Oh wow! You know a lot bro!! :D I've used rosin with pax3 only and I liked the taste, I have to try water filtration!!

4. AcidFlashbang

AcidFlashbang Active Member

Dry herb all the way. Rosin bags are made of nylon and if theyre anything like teabags, they literally release billions of microplastics and nanoplastics per use.

atragantrao likes this.
  5. atragantrao

atragantrao Member

Rosin bags? :uhoh::uhoh: I buy pure rosin, no bag bro. It's like resin and I love it but in summer they don't sell because it melts :brow:

6. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to a study to support this?

7. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

8. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

Interesting, but im not sure how much we can extrapolate to rosin. Enough I guess to keep my pressing under 210F. Hopefully the shorter time a rosin bag is heated, compared to tea, will make a difference. Mesh size might make a difference too. Now we need some testing on our rosin, until then ill keep my pressing temps low.

9. AcidFlashbang

AcidFlashbang Active Member

Keep in mind that while temps should be lower while pressing rosin, the mechanical stress from the pressure might offset that. Further research is required but I got into vaping for harm reduction so I choose to stick with what's definitely not releasing tons of microplastics.

10. invertedisdead

invertedisdead High Standards

You could press rosin without using bags.

atragantrao and shredder like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors