Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

Sativapo

I have it maxed out but put the wand the same way but against the lip not protruding to have less conduction. If it's protruding it heats faster but you're heating the chamber more directly adding more conduction in the ratio.
If I want to get it hotter I heat it back to back just when no more visible vapor while it's steal quite hot. I do 3 or for 4 heat cycles and never combust this way. I finish it very dark and uniform though, for many here 2 cycles would be enough.
I prefer this than putting more conduction in the beginning for only one less tasty more irritating hit.
Also I think there are some differences in power between batches of wand. Plus the type of draw, airflow, packing, grinding plays also a big role.

Last edited:
Sativapo,
Reactions: sedentree

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Can anyone tell me what range of settings they're using with the wand i.e. temp/time? Thanks
The only way I find the wand works on the TA to give me the experience I am used to with a torch, is to heat lower on the TA, actually having the induction coils around the bowl instead of just around the heat matrix, that seems to work better for me but I still prefer a torch.

VapingYogi,
Reactions: sedentree

sparrowman

I haven't tried it yet, but have done a few (5-6) burn offs at 300C with the wand and have noticed some smoke/vapour coming off when doing it empty.

Anything to be concerned about? Should I keep going until it stops or just get on with it

EDIT: I am using a very old vong stem so that might be doing it, hard to tell

sparrowman,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I haven't tried it yet, but have done a few (5-6) burn offs at 575 and have noticed some smoke/vapour coming off when doing it empty.

Anything to be concerned about? Should I keep going until it stops or just get on with it
just curious did you clean it in iso or with water? just looking for a cause of the vapour

VapingYogi,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
No because PP mentioned he'd done a 48 hour ISO bath in the email he sent. But I could do it, guess that would mean taking it apart
I was just curious if there was any chance there was something left inside as I don't have any vapour coming off mine in the wand so I don't have an answer as to why you still do.

VapingYogi,

sparrowman

Well I have fucked up royally. Couldn't get the TA3 to stop 'smoking', so took it apart and tried just the main chamber. Unfortunately it then slipped onto a towel and is now burnt on.

TA3 doesn't look safe for me to use anymore and I never even got to try it! Will email PP to see if I can buy a replacement part

sparrowman,
  • Sad
Reactions: BreadStick

BreadStick

Well I have fucked up royally. Couldn't get the TA3 to stop 'smoking', so took it apart and tried just the main chamber. Unfortunately it then slipped onto a towel and is now burnt on.

TA3 doesn't look safe for me to use anymore and I never even got to try it! Will email PP to see if I can buy a replacement part
you could try soaking the part in a strong solvent for a while. Try ISO and if that doesn't work I'd say acetone will do a good job. Something like barkeeper's friend might also be worth trying?

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.

you should be able to torch it clean of the burnt on stuff, I have just cleaned a Screwball that I melted into a pleather mat and a plastic sheet, I was able to torch it with a large flame until it came off with a gentle brush. Once that happened I soaked it in iso and its working now.

sparrowman

you should be able to torch it clean of the burnt on stuff, I have just cleaned a Screwball that I melted into a pleather mat and a plastic sheet, I was able to torch it with a large flame until it came off with a gentle brush. Once that happened I soaked it in iso and its working now.
Yep, managed to burn it off. However the TA3 cap is still giving off a weird vapour that smells a bit like burnt hair.

Tried taking the balls and screen out, ISO washing, still the same problem. I've now blasted it to the point of anodisation with a torch and it's not making a difference.

Not had this problem with a butane vape before and am desperate to use it, but don't feel comfortable until it stops misbehaving!

sparrowman,
Top Bottom