Phase3 Vaporizers

coolbreeze

Just occurred to me, maybe you could consider creating a stem for the Lotus @invertedisdead? 🤔✌️👍😎
Or an adapter joint that will turn the DV stem into a Lotus/pipe stem. O-ring them together, and now you've got a P3 Lotus cooling stem! ; )
Acorn-Elbows.jpg

45-pipe-base.jpg

Rounded-base-elbow.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Couple of questions:

1. How's the ZXXL pre-order going? Hopefully getting closer.

2. When will we get a chance for more info on the new stuff? Seems like the 20mm hybrid and the cooling stem is close. Can't wait. Hopefully all the testing and designing is going well.

Z-Tribe Maddy

Pretty much at the same spot, I think one came in and one cancelled since my last update. There’s still quite a bit of time left though.

I’m trying to get samples in for the 8MM cooling system. If I like them then they will go up for ordering and I’ll make new content about them, explaining the function and discussing what makes them different.

20MM Hybrid could come before the end of the year, but it’s not really my #1 focus right now as the desktop space has lots of options already that it will have to compete with. The ZX has sort of shown me that just having a great product really isn’t enough these days. So while I’m extremely confident in the performance of the 20MM hybrid project, I’m not super confident in how to make it appealing to shoppers to buy that over all the other options. I’m not even sure if not having beads is a good thing, as ball vapes are the rage right now.

This new hybrid vape without balls is what interests me the most in these new products.
Also the dab.
And I dream of having a wireless ZX.
Since I got the ZX I still haven't purchased any other dry herb vaporizers.
Even with the wireless craze and all these new metal heads that appeared, my VAS remained under control.
I now need to get rid of this wire and this coil that I can't stand anymore lol.
Honestly the only fault I give to wired vape balls in general is this exposed coil, dangerous and horrible to look at 🤣
The ZX would look so good with an aesthetic handle.
Compact, elegant and minimalist as I like

Maybe if the 25MM ZXXL doesn’t get funded I could try to do a more affordable wireless ZX or ZXL, more in line with my earlier designs and that use the same bowls I already sell.

I think there’s a perhaps a better chance of funding a wireless ZX since it’s my most popular model and because that idea is older than the actual ZX. But the ZX itself is still relatively unknown, even among vape enthusiasts, so I’m skeptical to keep developing that kind of stuff when I’m trying to come up with something with more mass appeal.

RedZep

Pretty much at the same spot, I think one came in and one cancelled since my last update. There’s still quite a bit of time left though.

I’m trying to get samples in for the 8MM cooling system. If I like them then they will go up for ordering and I’ll make new content about them, explaining the function and discussing what makes them different.

20MM Hybrid could come before the end of the year, but it’s not really my #1 focus right now as the desktop space has lots of options already that it will have to compete with. The ZX has sort of shown me that just having a great product really isn’t enough these days. So while I’m extremely confident in the performance of the 20MM hybrid project, I’m not super confident in how to make it appealing to shoppers to buy that over all the other options. I’m not even sure if not having beads is a good thing, as ball vapes are the rage right now.

Maybe if the 25MM ZXXL doesn’t get funded I could try to do a more affordable wireless ZX or ZXL, more in line with my earlier designs and that use the same bowls I already sell.

I think there’s a perhaps a better chance of funding a wireless ZX since it’s my most popular model and because that idea is older than the actual ZX. But the ZX itself is still relatively unknown, even among vape enthusiasts, so I’m skeptical to keep developing that kind of stuff when I’m trying to come up with something with more mass appeal.
I'm biased towards a wireless ZX as it's the only vape that would convince me to go wireless.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I’d be down for a wire ZX too, what the hell! Much more desirable to me personally than the bigger designs- like RedZep, it’s the only thing that would push into “can’t help myself“ territory. The 8mm cooling stem sounds like a no-brainer as well, I really like the decision to go with 75mm length over 50mm so I’d like one of those. Curious about the hybrid design too. Basically I just need you to make things so I can give you money, my man!

I’ve noticed in this thread and other makers’ threads over the years that there will be members that want their design ideas and desires to be made real and there’s loads of talk about “I’d buy that right now if it were available!“ or just stoned cheerleading, “You’d sell so many, everyone would buy that!” and people are really just being unrealistic. So the maker spends time and money on design, materials and prototyping the thing that everyone said they’d pay for. Upon its release, the same dudes are like, “Wow, if it were just a little cheaper…” or some equally lame excuse for not ponying up the money. Product prices increase a bit and suddenly, people who haven’t bought it in a year plus are lamenting that they didn’t pull the trigger. And always in the end, it’s the maker who takes the risk and the loss until they simply aren’t here anymore. I’ve seen this happen multiple times over a variety of products in the vape space and here at FC. I think one of the biggest mistakes that a maker can make is taking too many people at their word and believing them when they say “I’d buy that, no doubt!”.

Seems like people want custom, boutique items from a small business but they want to pay mass-produced Walmart prices and that’s not real world business. That’s why I like that Ryan’s going the preorder route, that way he knows if folks are actually serious about a product. Dude is way too nice and he would love to make every single project a reality but if he’s not making a profit, he won’t be making anything for us. Not trying to be overly negative or grumpy old man here, but it seems unreasonable to think that a one-man shop is going to be able to make everything that everyone wants if people aren’t willing to prepay because one person can’t possibly cover their costs upfront, not without substantial capital and backing. I wish people would factor this into their expectations of Ryan & Phase3, pisses me off when I see someone getting snarky and demanding here. It’s just one dude, you fuckers of combustion, and it’s very important for all of us to remember that this vape shit isn’t the only thing in his life.

RedZep

I’d be down for a wire ZX too, what the hell! Much more desirable to me personally than the bigger designs- like RedZep, it’s the only thing that would push into “can’t help myself“ territory. The 8mm cooling stem sounds like a no-brainer as well, I really like the decision to go with 75mm length over 50mm so I’d like one of those. Curious about the hybrid design too. Basically I just need you to make things so I can give you money, my man!

I’ve noticed in this thread and other makers’ threads over the years that there will be members that want their design ideas and desires to be made real and there’s loads of talk about “I’d buy that right now if it were available!“ or just stoned cheerleading, “You’d sell so many, everyone would buy that!” and people are really just being unrealistic. So the maker spends time and money on design, materials and prototyping the thing that everyone said they’d pay for. Upon its release, the same dudes are like, “Wow, if it were just a little cheaper…” or some equally lame excuse for not ponying up the money. Product prices increase a bit and suddenly, people who haven’t bought it in a year plus are lamenting that they didn’t pull the trigger. And always in the end, it’s the maker who takes the risk and the loss until they simply aren’t here anymore. I’ve seen this happen multiple times over a variety of products in the vape space and here at FC. I think one of the biggest mistakes that a maker can make is taking too many people at their word and believing them when they say “I’d buy that, no doubt!”.

Seems like people want custom, boutique items from a small business but they want to pay mass-produced Walmart prices and that’s not real world business. That’s why I like that Ryan’s going the preorder route, that way he knows if folks are actually serious about a product. Dude is way too nice and he would love to make every single project a reality but if he’s not making a profit, he won’t be making anything for us. Not trying to be overly negative or grumpy old man here, but it seems unreasonable to think that a one-man shop is going to be able to make everything that everyone wants if people aren’t willing to prepay because one person can’t possibly cover their costs upfront, not without substantial capital and backing. I wish people would factor this into their expectations of Ryan & Phase3, pisses me off when I see someone getting snarky and demanding here. It’s just one dude, you fuckers of combustion, and it’s very important for all of us to remember that this vape shit isn’t the only thing in his life.
Maybe questionnaires could be multiple choice. Include numerous potential builds, and have answers like "definite day one pre-purchase" "Likely future buy" "less interested".

But yeah the pre order model is great for ensuring a profit can be made with each release.

People might complain that a pre-order gets cancelled, but we have to see that Ryan is offering products not being made by anyone else. That's the trade off for us. We get an amazingly designed product, with an incredibly competitive profit margin, but we have to understand it's a business still in its early days. That's why I have infinite patience for a delay on my ZX delivery, yet I would have zero patience for established producers like Storz and Dynavap for example.

Top Bottom