Arizer Solo 3

Aryeah

Vape Man
I just tried out the on demand mode level 3 with the XL stem, but I am getting a char at the bottom and still some green DCB (ABV) when drawing. I have it set to 20 second draw. Is it because I am not pulling through the stem hard enough to cook the entire load? I do tamp it down with my finger a little bit to get the gap between the heater and the stem.

Aryeah,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Not really. It starts from cold. The first hit is all convection, temp rising with your draw speed. Now I'm gonna try this sweet ass wide open stem with metal chamber to see the power on 5 and 6.:tup:
Thanks @Ed's TnT

image uploader

We could just as easily say it’s conduction, and the temperature rising with the draw speed can simply be explained by the glass oven, which has thermal lag (resistance) because it’s an insulator.

The exact same thing happens with a cold start dab. You have to stop heating earlier than you think because of the lag from the glass ramping up, as the temperature will keep rising even after you turn the torch off.

I would add the fact the vapor comes out pretty tame from a straight glass “shotgun” stem with zero cooling features clearly demonstrates the lack of latent convection heat.

cpl5938

What is it with Arizer vapes? I love them but everyone I own (4 of them) ends up with weed dust on the inside of the screen. And now it’s happening to my Solo 3 after a couple of days. Does anyone else have this issue with their Arizer vapes? Here’s a photo (dust is screen):

cpl5938,

Justpassedu

My g-d this vape is a beast. 1st time trying it yesterday. I only used on-demand mode at level 2 and it ate through a fully packed large stem in a few hits. Not only that but with the radiant heat it produced I was able to get atleast 5-6 hits from the first heat up. Is this normal ?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just tried out the on demand mode level 3 with the XL stem, but I am getting a char at the bottom and still some green DCB (ABV) when drawing. I have it set to 20 second draw. Is it because I am not pulling through the stem hard enough to cook the entire load? I do tamp it down with my finger a little bit to get the gap between the heater and the stem.

Try using the lower setting and or lowering your time setting, if anything it could be your pulling too hard and that would cause the scorch at that end? Try more gap too

My g-d this vape is a beast. 1st time trying it yesterday. I only used on-demand mode at level 2 and it ate through a fully packed large stem in a few hits. Not only that but with the radiant heat it produced I was able to get atleast 5-6 hits from the first heat up. Is this normal ?

Yep! I mean that would depend on the length of your hits (I don't do that many), and the timer setting you have, it is all relative!

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
We could just as easily say it’s conduction, and the temperature rising with the draw speed can simply be explained by the glass oven, which has thermal lag (resistance) because it’s an insulator.

The exact same thing happens with a cold start dab. You have to stop heating earlier than you think because of the lag from the glass ramping up, as the temperature will keep rising even after you turn the torch off.

I would add the fact the vapor comes out pretty tame from a straight glass “shotgun” stem with zero cooling features clearly demonstrates the lack of latent convection heat.
Sure but the air from the metal bottom where there ain't no glass gives you the convection. The air gets hot before the glass then helps heat the glass as the walls catch up. Air heats faster becuase its lighter then glass.:tup:

Shit Snacks

Highlighted the above to show the extreme, I know you know a lot, but you actually don't have experience here with Solo3 and are speaking a subjective opinion as universal truth... Because I don't think it is very tame as higher temps were near unbearable to me, which is rather typical for me with hybrid conduction (yes S3 is a hybrid and can lean one way or the other depending on the user), while I find the experience smoother with pure convection possibly even in direct comparison temp wise, though plain short stem direct path at high temp is typically not enjoyable with anything including more pure conduction, but hybrids can be the harshest this way imo (they really smack when they have the power so worthwhile especially the lower temps for me or with more cooling or water in pathway) Always value your opinion, just trying to help put it in some perspective

Yep! I mean that would depend on the length of your hits (I don't do that many), and the timer setting you have, it is all relative!

Actually forgot to mention, the first time I used it, loaded up the regular stem full, in on demand mode, intended to do the lowest setting, but did not realize it was on the middle 392 setting (tried it before reading the manual at all and did not understand much apparently lol) so my first hit with the stock 15 second timer I think was so intense, I did end up puffing on it for many smaller hits until it finally cleared the heat and stopped producing vapor (this had also overcooked the tip of course) so yeah definitely totally normal I'd say again! :lol::tup:

Justpassedu

Highlighted the above to show the extreme, I know you know a lot, but you actually don't have experience here with Solo3 and are speaking a subjective opinion as universal truth... Because I don't think it is very tame as higher temps were near unbearable to me, which is rather typical for me with hybrid conduction (yes S3 is a hybrid and can lean one way or the other depending on the user), while I find the experience smoother with pure convection possibly even in direct comparison temp wise, though plain short stem direct path at high temp is typically not enjoyable with anything including more pure conduction, but hybrids can be the harshest this way imo (they really smack when they have the power so worthwhile especially the lower temps for me or with more cooling or water in pathway) Always value your opinion, just trying to help put it in some perspective

Actually forgot to mention, the first time I used it, loaded up the regular stem full, in on demand mode, intended to do the lowest setting, but did not realize it was on the middle 392 setting (tried it before reading the manual at all and did not understand much apparently lol) so my first hit with the stock 15 second timer I think was so intense, I did end up puffing on it for many smaller hits until it finally cleared the heat and stopped producing vapor (this had also overcooked the tip of course) so yeah definitely totally normal I'd say again! :lol::tup:
I am going to try it on the lowest on demand heat level tonight and see the results. I mainly got it as I enjoy the on demand aspect most for when I need a quick few hits and it worked out well. I do have other on demand vapes but I am a Arizer fan so I had to get it. Now I will give up either my Solo 2 Max or Air Max , whatever goes 1st as I don't see myself needing all 3 & size isn't a issue for me. I did try the larger stem , saw a bit of green towards the top after finishing but I plan to try the smaller one and see how that goes next.

jbg87

I use the xl wpa with a j hook on demand 3 and 4 and it’s crazy lol I have a couple vapes and this thing kind of out performs them.

I thought all the stems were gonna have 5 holes in the screen? used my regular stem once and seen it had 4 holes only same for the regular wpa. Kind of weird tbh lol

Shit Snacks

thought all the stems were gonna have 5 holes in the screen? used my regular stem once and seen it had 4 holes only same for the regular wpa. Kind of weird tbh lol

Nope, that has been described as just a benefit of the new XL stems, the regular stems are simply old stock which was always four holes (although in the old days when I had them the holes were much larger and uneven, still need to find my old bent stem I have somewhere packed away)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: jbg87

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I'm on level 5 for 20 seconds, back to back rips on the XL stem. This is keeping up nicely :smug: ! I'm not into on demand at all, but this was a gas to play with . The S3 is ridiculously good on low temps , and it rocks on demand ( just like doing bongs ) :lol: . Can't even decide what stems I like the best ? I like to fry one of the old wpa stems in the level 5 on demand mode :tup:. I was always looking for that one vape that could give me the quality vapor of the OG Solo and there just wasn't anything comparable . My quest as ended ;) . The flavor on this crazy good , wonder how some hash would taste :clap:.

popitup

I said it in a comparison thread, but I'll repeat it here for anyone in the market. The Solo III is a great answer to "What should I get for my first electronic portable vape?"

This device should easily meet expectations for what the dry herb vaping experience to a new user without fuss. Looking at higher price point vapes, you're getting into more artisinal devices, and on the cheaper side you're looking at lower quality vapor/device features. Maybe that's what you want, calibrate accordingly.

Arizer has brought forth a stem-loaded tank of a device with massive flavor that punches above its class, and they were kind enough to provide 4 glass stems including WPAs. I would recommend this over Mighty+ today, and for specific users, over the TM2. I usually recommend dynavaps because of the pricepoint, but they can be intimidating to new users if they aren't already the type to roll with a dugout.

Other than Ed's TNT, any recommendations for dry stems?

Andjoe

I only had to heat it once. This thing is like the energizer bunny keeps going and going and going.
I got this a while back on a sweet discount. I literally haven’t said anything about it but man this thing is an animal.
Arizer kicked down the door and said bitch I’m here!
🧑‍🚒🔥😍👊🏾👀💪🏾
That is the coolest water piece I have ever seen!

Andjoe,
Top Bottom