Venty by Storz & Bickel

Petetbay

Exchange on goodwill", I was also very irritated.
Is it possible that a misunderstanding of the communication with S&B? Maybe they made the statement to let you know they are acting fast with the RMA to replace the device before they actually received the device from you to confirm that it needed to be replaced. I really can’t see that this wouldn’t be under warranty.:2c:

Last edited:

Jack_72

No they closed the RMA as usual and provided several mails to inform me about the process of the RMA, the parcel tracking code and the invoice for the new device. So the whole process was finished in point of S&Bs view. The note "Exchange on goodwill" has been typed into the new invoice after all.

This is entirely in German btw. And that vocabulary certainly blames the customer and points out that they would not have to replace if they did not want to. The magical word is "Kulanz".

passenger

is this thing on?
Well, they exchanged it is what matters. Like they did with my OG Mighty back in the day. And they price it in of course. I wonder if they can keep up with the failure rates of the Venty.

Jack_72

I think that "Exchange on goodwill" is just boiler plate legalese that the lawyers insist on. I would not read too much into it.
Could be.
Perhaps they are doing it so as not to unsettle shareholders. So that in the end it doesn't look like there are 1000 warranty cases, but perhaps only 200 and the remaining 800 are replacement devices as a gesture of goodwill because S&B loves its customers so much :D.

I'm just wondering whether (many) other invoices also contain this addition like mine?

Flower of empathy

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Accessory Maker
@Vape_Or_Die420 yes, the stable shape is just perfect for this application and even the 'balloon' is really handy for cleaning, brushes are for makeup imho:lol:
A huge side benefit is the life cycle time goes up by not opening the caps by hand and deforming them...
There is an even more efficient way for the whole concept - 'in theory' it could be done without having to touch those lids at all...
Got a 'geometrical solution' but that'll take a few more seconds of development - a tricky beast, i'm 50:50 if it'll work reliably enough or end in the trash bin...
Currently upgrading my print farm, it'll take at least a week for official availability...

Last edited:

Jack_72

I wish someone could develop some kind of nice little clamp that could be put tightly on the cooling unit in a way to prevent the inserted orange tool / pick from falling out (see picture 1 & 2):

The tool already holds somehow, but it is not particularly tight. If the clamp was firmly attached to the CU, the tool would not be able to slip out so easily.

Jack_72,
I wish someone could develop some kind of nice little clamp that could be put tightly on the cooling unit in a way to prevent the inserted orange tool / pick from falling out
This isn’t really a solution for your situation but you got me curious so I placed it inside my sedhed case and it is surprisingly a decent spot

IMG-5134.jpg

I don’t use the tool though so I’m testing it out on the back as additional support for my pointer finger lol

IMG-5137.jpg

Shook this thing like it owed me money and it withstood the test
giphy.gif

Top Bottom