I just saw the moon

CANtalk

For those that don't read the interesting news thread, cheers!
A severe solar storm is bringing an incredible aurora forecast for Friday tonight! go Canada 👍

noaa-just-issued-the-severe-g4-level-geomagnetic-storm-v0-vk9a1vcp0gzc1.jpeg

:peace: :leaf:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I was lucky enough to go to the NYC Worlds Fair eight times in the summers of 1964 and '65. My favorite spot was the Rocket Park where a Mercury Atlas and Gemini Rocket stood proudly. I returned a couple of times when my son was a kid and was thrilled to see them again. They've added a full scale Saturn 5 propulsion section, Apollo and LEM mockups and more. Think we're paying a return visit soon as I haven't vaped there as yet :spliff:

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I was lucky enough to go to the NYC Worlds Fair eight times in the summers of 1964 and '65. My favorite spot was the Rocket Park where a Mercury Atlas and Gemini Rocket stood proudly. I returned a couple of times when my son was a kid and was thrilled to see them again. They've added a full scale Saturn 5 propulsion section, Apollo and LEM mockups and more. Think we're paying a return visit soon as I haven't vaped there as yet :spliff:

I think it was called the Hall of Science?

Those summers were great, for me. At 13 yrs old, a friend and I would get on the train (without telling anyone) and go to the Fair. One main draw for us was the then-new phenomenon, the Belgian Waffle.

Two weeks ago my 9 yr old grandson went on class field trip to...
The New York Hall of Science. I told him to watch for the rockets!
His mom went on the trip and reported that inside is a mediocre children's museum, kind of disappointing...

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I think it was called the Hall of Science?

Those summers were great, for me. At 13 yrs old, a friend and I would get on the train (without telling anyone) and go to the Fair. One main draw for us was the then-new phenomenon, the Belgian Waffle.

Two weeks ago my 9 yr old grandson went on class field trip to...
The New York Hall of Science. I told him to watch for the rockets!
His mom went on the trip and reported that inside is a mediocre children's museum, kind of disappointing...
Correctamundo ... Hall of Science

Yeah they did turn it into a bit of a kiddie park with the miniature golf etc ... but the rockets still are impressive.

Another favorite of course is the Unisphere and the Panorama of the City of New York in the Queens Museum building (formerly the New York City Building, at the time of the Fair)

Great memories and still a beautiful park to spend some time walking about ...

Screenshot-2016-01-29-19-06-20-1.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom