Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

highasakite

The glowing coil I think is fairly common with e-elev8rs, I think it's from sections being in poor contact, unable to dump heat into the glass. I'm not sure if shimming with mesh will alleviate that, but it might. So would getting a better fit, but that's tricky. @Rodney, you've mentioned getting another from @VGOODIEZ; that should be better fit by more practiced hands. Hopefully between the better fit and gear you will not see much glowing at all. Nevertheless, if you can get a better fit on this one you should mitigate the glowing and increase the efficiency. You'd have a reliable backup.
I think you are correct, but I don’t have enough experience to answer with confidence. I bought mine secondhand, and the top coil is secured by a separate thin wire that makes a better connection with the glass. When mine heats up, it will glow but once it settles in at 450, there is no redness.

It’s pretty awesome. :)

By the way, for anyone that is in the market, there is one in the classifieds with a NV pid for $50, and I want to buy it just because it’s a great deal.

highasakite,
Reactions: coolbreeze
Top Bottom