Firewood Vaporizer

Suki

I was just walking with my FW9 in my pocket earlier and I could hear the battery jiggle a little each time I took a step and was wondering what to do about this, this sounds like a good solution.
upntss.jpg

here is where I put the piece of felt on mine

for the stem
cidgfd.jpg
yofeye.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Regarding the capsule lid, the ceramic bottom is loose on mine. It has some play but doesn't feel like it will detach. Anyone else's do this?

Yes that is normal

stem has a lot of reclaim built up. Any tips on getting it out to add to a bowl, besides using ISO and evaporating it out or using it as a straw with a fatty liquid?

I don't really bother reusing that anymore, in it is easier to scrape and smear on a nug for another bowl, could be possible here though I'm not sure worthwhile (you don't have to use it as a straw, you can just boil it in the liquid and then remove it, drink after it cools)

What screen mesh size works for you? I ordered a 5-pack from Marc but I can get 200 screens for a little more than he's selling them for. Anyone know what mesh size is 'standard' for the FW9?

FW7 was regular 1/2-in, but they might be a little smaller in the FW9 as the chamber capsules slightly narrow towards the bottom...

I'm still not clear on the whole convection vs. conduction with the FW9. If the heater heats up both the air and the capsule, how can you get one or the other with it?

Doesn't really matter, it is a hybrid, sounds like you are using more conduction like me though

It’s hybrid leaning towards conduction due to how well the ceramic maintains heat between hits, and folks like @Shit Snacks like to further boost conduction by doing a longer heat up and slow draw to get the capsule itself hot while not pulling as much hot air through

The main reason it would be considered a conduction hybrid, is because the heating element metal coil is wrapped around the ceramic chamber, ceramic is great and unique, though it would still be conduction even if it were metal or glass over there too... There is convection, because of the power, it can maintain temp and pull hot air from the heating element through the chamber as well, since there is plenty of air flow available

and drawing relatively quickly well past the cooldown buzz to try and cool off the ceramic a bit. It definitely gets bigger clouds and cooks quicker when I heat soak but I get really nice effects with the quicker back to back draws.

Yes so higher temps quicker draw, shorter hit, could maximize the convection more (along with how you load and pack, grind consistency etc) However what you describe is still true when you are using to maximize conduction with low temps and long hits the way I like, there is not necessarily more preheat after the first hit or two, and it still retains a lot of heat so I always let go of the button and keep inhaling for a while until vapor stops and I can clear the heat as well (nice to take a little bit of time between hits yeah this way though still some back-to-back too)

my stem was a little loose and would easily go left and right (especially when extended) so I bought some sticky felt (1 or 2mm thick) and added more (there was already a white piece on top) to the sides and one little piece at the bottom, now the stem is "locked" in place, it still slides easily but has some resistance to it and doesn't wobble anymore. I also added a small piece inside the battery compartment so the battery doesn't hit the walls anymore if shaken.

Yeah that is the suggested resolution, however I am really happy with my customized GVB stem, being longer non-retractable, with shorter small connector stem piece, all one piece, it fits pretty secure flush

Oh yeah the battery door is feeling a little more loose with mine, I like that it's not difficult, but might need some adjustment over time? Not rattling or anything yet

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
For the flavor chasers, how low do you go on the settings? My low is 320 and now think I'll try even lower at first.

I am doing 320, my FW7s are at 310 and one above or below I think for the other one maybe? I did try 300 initially and felt like I preferred a little more vapor with the flavor is all, a little more buildup after more hits that way, but then of course less vapor on the temp step next setting (350 in my FW9)

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I am doing 320, my FW7s are at 310 and one above or below I think for the other one maybe? I did try 300 initially and felt like I preferred a little more vapor with the flavor is all, a little more buildup after more hits that way, but then of course less vapor on the temp step next setting (350 in my FW9)
I really like 320. It starts out very light and then builds through the session. After a good heat soak, the second heat has nice clouds with good terp flavor. By the 3-4 hit, the heat does start to build and flavor gets roasty. Maybe because the herb is getting done by that point, but I'm curious if 300 gives me a good tasty hit after some heat soak. Gonna try it tonight.

At the start of the session, I like to heat just to the ready vibration and let off a few times to get the sweet initial flavors that dissipate quickly.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
For the flavor chasers, how low do you go on the settings? My low is 320 and now think I'll try even lower at first.
I'm not a flavor chaser but like lower temps on the firewood. And I adjusted my temp setup again a few days ago. I have it now at 300, 340 and 380.

And I usually stay on 300. Gives nice longer session but still get roasted when I'm done. How I usually do it I hold the button & let it heat soak on first heat up. Take a few puffs and continue heating in between. Then I heat up/take hits like normal. Get visible clouds too

380 is for when I want to finish quick!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I'm not a flavor chaser but like lower temps on the firewood. And I adjusted my temp setup again a few days ago. I have it now at 300, 340 and 380.

And I usually stay on 300. Gives nice longer session but still get roasted when I'm done. How I usually do it I hold the button & let it heat soak on first heat up. Take a few puffs and continue heating in between. Then I heat up/take hits like normal. Get visible clouds too

380 is for when I want to finish quick!

The 9 is definitely my ritualistic and slow session vape. It takes some time for me to get it ready, use and clean up everything, but I like it that way. There's a mindfulness that takes place when I use it, and love the great flavor while still generating some clouds. If I need a faster session, I'll just pull out my Tinymight 2. Both run on 18650's so it's very convenient.

I haven't had a chance to try 300, but I might do it up tonight. I just have to pull the guide out to remember how to change temps. I think I'll reset it to 300, 320 , 340.

edit: Just had a great session at 300 and finished off at 320. Very pleasant. You get all different flavors as the temp heats the cup and lasts for a while. By 2-3 heat ups I was getting some nice clouds, and I'm hella high rn. :razz:

I'm so impressed with this little vape.

Last edited:

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
The 9 is definitely my ritualistic and slow session vape. It takes some time for me to get it ready, use and clean up everything, but I like it that way. There's a mindfulness that takes place when I use it, and love the great flavor while still generating some clouds. If I need a faster session, I'll just pull out my Tinymight 2. Both run on 18650's so it's very convenient.

I haven't had a chance to try 300, but I might do it up tonight. I just have to pull the guide out to remember how to change temps. I think I'll reset it to 300, 320 , 340.

edit: Just had a great session at 300 and finished off at 320. Very pleasant. You get all different flavors as the temp heats the cup and lasts for a while. By 2-3 heat ups I was getting some nice clouds, and I'm hella high rn. :razz:

I'm so impressed with this little vape.
Right!? And the little vape has some power
300 is effective good results and then goes to 440 for more, nice range for everyones taste

I sometimes finish at 340 but maybe will change temps to 300 , 320, 380. Will see

Top Bottom