Anvil by Vestratto

noobvaperct

So my WPA kit finally came in today (yay), but I have the dumbest question to ask. How do I disassemble to clean it? I don’t want to start pulling on stuff hard and breaking something before using it and all I can remove is the bowl which is the obvious piece. But does the rubber disc come off? Does anything else disassemble so I can soak it in iso before using?

noobvaperct,

Gdash

So my WPA kit finally came in today (yay), but I have the dumbest question to ask. How do I disassemble to clean it? I don’t want to start pulling on stuff hard and breaking something before using it and all I can remove is the bowl which is the obvious piece. But does the rubber disc come off? Does anything else disassemble so I can soak it in iso before using?

I remove the bowl and hold the wpa and pull on the heater which comes out with the condenser. The condenser will then be lose to just pull out of the heater and you are good to clean it. You won't break it. To reassemble I place the condenser into the heater, put the bowl on and push it back into the wpa.

noobvaperct

I remove the bowl and hold the wpa and pull on the heater which comes out with the condenser. The condenser will then be lose to just pull out of the heater and you are good to clean it. You won't break it. To reassemble I place the condenser into the heater, put the bowl on and push it back into the wpa.
Okay, so to confirm, the body part that has the rubber disc around it doesn’t come apart, the disc is fixed and that whole part cannot be cleaned?

noobvaperct,

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Also to everyone who purchased a Tornado/forge bundle, The tornado is still being tested and stuff. Vestratto would like to know if you would like them to ship your Forges in advance. If so please email mumfordjohn7@gmail.com with your Order # and they will start working on shipping the Forges out.
Does that include everyone who ordered after 4/20 who were expecting a later shipment anyway?

hotmeals,

Kreator87

I'm really enjoying my Anvil. I got the duracore version last year when I was still too inexperienced and couldn't appreciate it, but the thermocore is working great for me.

But I'm used to straw-loading most of my other regulars (DVs, TM2), so having to use a tiny scoop is a step backwards. What's the best way you've found to load it?
I just put it in the grinder and scoop up what I need with the bowl directly and tamp with my finger. If they made little covers for them, they would be like dosing capsules, expensive ones, but I'd still be into it.

Kreator87,
Reactions: hotmeals

noobvaperct

My own personal short and sweet review of the WPA Kit: it’s awesome. It definitely packs a punch for having such a tiny bowl (I bought the XL bowl and this is someone who is used to the shovelhead from the Canabis Hardware B1). I was always curious about the anvil because I have a Simrell MVS and always got pretty obliterated from a bowl from that, this seemed like a step up in intensity and tech/craftsmanship. I haven’t vaped in a week and did one bowl last night and was floating in outer space. This is also my first butane vape.

One question for you all, how or what tool do you use to push the condenser firmly back down the stem after a cleaning session?

noobvaperct

I just screw in a bowl and that keeps it in the right position. And I wax the o-rings, long time dynavap habit
Thank you! Last dumb question. Since I was first a dynavap and Simrell user in the past, I believe I read that you were not supposed to submerge those caps in iso because it could damage the mechanism or something, is there truth to that? And how do we clean the Anvil bowl without messing with it long term?

noobvaperct,
Reactions: hotmeals

Electrofever

Every part of the Anvil can go in Iso except the heat shield, that has a non Iso o-ring. Caps can go in Iso too, but you must dry them really well after, especially if you rince them with water after, to avoid any rust or things like that. A good heating with an empty bowl is a good way for drying everything !

Roffa

I'm really enjoying my Anvil. I got the duracore version last year when I was still too inexperienced and couldn't appreciate it, but the thermocore is working great for me.

But I'm used to straw-loading most of my other regulars (DVs, TM2), so having to use a tiny scoop is a step backwards. What's the best way you've found to load it?
I don't grind and I load it with small nugs. For this, the tweezer tool on my victorinox knife is excellent. Also, the small screwdriver fits the the hex on the bowl, which is a great help if a bowl "sticks"

noobvaperct

Every part of the Anvil can go in Iso except the heat shield, that has a non Iso o-ring. Caps can go in Iso too, but you must dry them really well after, especially if you rince them with water after, to avoid any rust or things like that. A good heating with an empty bowl is a good way for drying everything !
Awesome, thank you!

noobvaperct,
Top Bottom